Monday, July 25, 2011

Apartment!

So this weekend I decided to stay in Munich and sort my life. I needed it. There were boxes from my air freight in my tv room and piles of clothes chilling on the floor. Time to actually move in, I think. Friday night I went to ikea to get some essentials. The bed in my apartment is like a double in the sense that there are actually two mattresses in the bed. Wicked weird, European thing I guess. But there were also two single comforters on the bed. It was kinda weird, I didn't really know what to do with them. So instead, I bought one large comforter. I also bought sheets and towels and things. The apartment came with everything, but I wanted my own stuff.

After cleaning and arranging everything this weekend, I finally took some pictures to show what my apartment looks like. I was looking at the pictures this morning and realized I need some practice with the iphone camera. All the pictures are a little fuzzy, I'm sorry. I think they look a little better now that they are compressed. So the apartment has a yellow and orange thing going now, which is good. But I bought a purple comforter haha. It doesn't match, but its purple. And I like it haha.

New comforter with an appearance of Dora :)

Desk and view to the Street (with finger haha)

And you woke me up whyyyyyyy?
I think the bedroom looks pretty good now. The wall you can't see is covered in closets, where I sucessfully got all my clothes and shoes in. Boo yeah! Bathroom I just added my towels and cleaned up the kitty area. I got another litter box in attempts to not have kitty litter all over my apartment. This one might work a little better. It is litter box #8 though, I change their litter box more then some people change their sheets I think haha. Poor kitties!

Yep, the bathroom. More views to the street.

The washer and Dryer!! WOOO!
 I successfully did like 3 loads of laundry this weekend. I am quite proud of myself. I am quite lucky to have a washer and dryer I should mention. A lot of people have the community ones in the basement. I didn't really have to add anything to the living room/tv room/dining room/kitchen haha. I did add the teal pillows because the other pillows were weird and didn't match. I also have a pretty awesome balacony that I have yet to use sadly. It's been raining like everyday here, I swear! I think everytime it gets close to drying out there, it starts to rain again. Oh well. I really like how I can see a tree when I look outside. Sometimes makes me forget I live in the middle of a city.

TV Area (Futurama now the tv haha)

Multipurpose Room
Balacony


Tree! haha
So thats my apartment ... I think its pretty nice. And believe it or not, I dont think its much smaller then my apartment in Greenville (minus the wicked awesome walk in closet I had ... tear). It's right near this great street named Leopoldstrasse and there are a ton of restaurants and stores and things to do there.

Okay, in case you were wondering where he was ...

Charlie enjoying the new comforter

I also saw Harry Potter this weekend- in marathon form! I went to this theater that plays movies in their original langauge and saw both parts of the Deathly Hollows. Very good movie, and of course, I loved it! It was interesting, I started thinking about when the first movie came out and even when I started to read the books! It's been over 10 years I think. I remember seeing the first movie with the Gavas at the CP movie theater and now here I am watching the last one in Germany! Little crazy haha. Aww tear.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

JEB said...

Looking good! And the kitties look comfy. I like the balcony!

Harrison1424 said...

Futurama FTW. We're definitely related.